Drew faculty, students & staff may place a recall/hold on checked-out items while browsing in the library catalog:
- When viewing a title record in the catalog, [Place Hold] or [Cannot place hold] will display.
- Click on [Complete Record]; the complete title record will display. Verify that this is the item you want: click on [Place a Hold] in the Items Resources Box. (If you are already in the complete record, just click on [Place a Hold] in the Items Resources Box. If [Place a Hold] does not appear, the item is not recallable)
- Prompt will require your Drew user name & password (unless you've already entered it ).
- Click [OK] to complete the process and you will be placed in a hold queue.
- To find out your place in the hold queue, check your “My Library Account.”
- Wait time: an item placed on hold will be recalled once the current borrower has had the item for 20 days. As the current borrower then has 10 days to return the item, you may have a wait time of over 30 days if the item was just checked out. If you are second in the queue, your wait time may be over 60 days.
- In your “My Library Account” you may cancel your hold if you no longer need the item. If a hold item is marked "available” it is being held for you at circulation; if “unavailable” item has not yet been returned to the library.
- Item will be held at Circulation Desk for no more than 10 days.
- Hold request limit: 10 items.
- You will be notified by email when your requested item is available for pick-up.
- Hold requests may also be submitted by completing a recall card at circulation.
- You may place a hold on books "being acquired by the library" that were ordered after 9/5/2006. You may have a long wait period for these items. If you require this title quickly, please submit an InterLibrary Loan request.
The recall/hold process and wait period is the same whether placing a hold online or submitting a recall card at the Circulation Desk.
Last updated 08/30/2006 by Carole Myers