Readers' Guide Full Text indexes the most popular general-interest periodicals published in the United States and Canada. Indexing coverage starts in 1983; full text is available for selected periodicals from 1994 to the present. Readers' Guide Retrospective indexes the most popular general-interest periodicals published in the United States from 1890 through 1982.
- The default settings on the search page work well for searching, but you have options:
- Limit to Full Text Articles/Page Image/Peer Review or Non-Peer Reviewed articles.
- Limit Dates.
- Drop down the All - Smart Search menu to narrow your search:
- Return results other than Relevance:
- Limit results a certain document types:
Results are displayed in brief record format.
- Click on the hyperlinked article title to see the full entry, which will include subject headings to guide further searching, as well as an abstract of the article.
- Check the box next to the article and save it to email or download later.
- Use the New Search by Subject to find articles related to your search.
- Click directly to the full text if available, or click on to find the full text in another database.The Article Linker guide provides additional instructions for finding full text, either online or in print/microfilm format within the library.
Email, download, print and export citations:
- Click on the PRINT EMAIL SAVE or the EXPORTING/CITING buttons follow the instructions.