Drew Virtual Time Scenario
Instructions on setting your voicemail greeting and phone's availability state from off-campus
While employees work remotely, we can forward our phones to voice mail and record a greeting letting people know they should email us. Here are the steps to take.
Note that we are assuming you have not changed the default behavior for your Out of Office state and that it is set to Always forward to voicemail (7101).
To change your phone's state and set the recommended greeting provided at Drew's Coronavirus page, please follow these steps:
- Call 973-408-4933.
- Enter your extension.
- Enter your password followed by #.
- Press 7 to change mailbox options.
- Press 2 to set your availability state.
- Press 3 to choose Out of Office.
- Press 1 to record a personal greeting.
- Press 2 to record this greeting:
- You’ve reached the voicemail of [NAME, TITLE/DEPT]. Through early August, Drew has moved to virtual business operations as a precaution against the spread of COVID-19. I’ll be checking my voicemail, but would appreciate you also reaching out to me by email at [YOUR EMAIL]@drew.edu. Thank you.
- Press # to finish, and # again to accept.
- Hang up to disconnect from voicemail.
One of the features of the Mitel phone is availability states, which allow you to do things like send a call straight to voicemail when you are on vacation. This feature gives you even more functionality than the extended absence greeting that was available on the Intecomm phones.
From the Mitel Connect IP485g User Guide (which most people on campus are using):
You can set six distinct availability states for your extension. These availability states can be configured with various options to forward incoming calls to another number or send them to voicemail. Using the voicemail system, you can also record a different personal greeting for each availability state.
By using your phone’s interface, you can configure options for each availability state, such as call forwarding destinations, number of rings, and simultaneous ring.
The availability states are as follows:
- Available (the default) allows you to answer all incoming calls.
- In a Meeting
- Out of Office
- Do not disturb
To Configure Availability States on Your Phone
The default for all of the Availability States is to forward to voicemail (7101 for forwarding; note that you would call 4933 if trying to retrieve voicemail from off-campus). If you wish to change that default behavior for a particular state, follow these steps.
- Press the Options soft key.
- Enter your voicemail password, and press the OK soft key. The Options menu opens, and the Availability option is highlighted.
- With the Availability option highlighted, press the Edit soft key.
- Use the navigation key to scroll to the availability state for which you want to specify options, and then press the Edit soft key.
- Specify when to forward calls by using the Next value or Prev value soft keys or the
or keys on the navigation key pad to highlight one of the following values:
- Always means that calls received when this availability state is active are always forwarded to the specified destination number. When you select Always, you can also specify the Alwaysdestination, which is the number that you want calls forwarded to, or you can accept the default.
- No answer means that calls received when this availability state is active will be forwarded to the specified destination number only when you do not answer your phone or when your phone is unable to accept additional calls. You can also configure the following options or accept the defaults:
- No answer destination Specify the number you want calls forwarded to when you do not answer them.
- Number of rings Specify the number of times the phone rings before the call is forwarded.
- Busy destination Specify the number to forward the call to if your extension is busy.
- Never means that calls received when this availability state is active will never be forwarded.
- After setting options, press the Back soft key. The changes are saved.
- Do one of the following:
- To set the selected availability state as the active availability state, press the OK soft key.
- To continue without changing the availability state, press the Cancel soft key.
- Press the Exit soft key.
Let's say you're going on vacation for a week. Here are the steps you can take. Note that we are assuming you have not changed the default behavior for your Vacation state and that it is set to Always forward to voicemail (7101). If you wish to set a different voicemail greeting for the vacation state, please follow these steps: If you do not need to change your voicemail greeting, you can follow steps 1-5 above from any phone or these steps below from your desk phone.
Example: Going on Vacation for a Week
To Change Current Availability State
From your desk phone
From another phone
Let's say you're going on vacation for a week. Here are the steps you can take. Note that we are assuming you have not changed the default behavior for your Vacation state and that it is set to Always forward to voicemail (7101).
If you wish to set a different voicemail greeting for the vacation state, please follow these steps:
If you do not need to change your voicemail greeting, you can follow steps 1-5 above from any phone or these steps below from your desk phone.