UKNOW allows you to customize and aggregate the information about spaces you wish to watch into one single RSS feed. This can allow you to keep up to date on several spaces at the same time using a single RSS Reader.
To setup a custom RSS feed in UKNOW:
- Navigate to the UKNOW Dashboard
- At the bottom of the page, click on the Feed Builder Icon
- The RSS Feed Builder Page will be displayed
First select the types of content you wish to be updated on in your RSS Feed by checking or unchecking the appropriate boxes.
Next select the sort order for the items in the RSS feed.
In the section on "For Pages, Show" select the options you want to be included in your RSS feed:
- The whole content of the page
- Just the difference, or changes from previous version
In the From Spaces section, select the Spaces you wish to include in your RSS feed. You can hold down the CTRL key when you click to select multiple spaces.
If you only want to show content which has been labeled with a specific Label (such as UKNOW), you can restrict the RSS feed to just those labels.
Now you will select the Feed Format. For most modern RSS readers, they will be able to consume all three of these options.
The Feed size will determine how many items appear in your feed and from how many days ago.
This option requires you to have an RSS reader which supports authentication.
The Feed Authentication options allow you to restrict an RSS feed to only be used by you or an anonymous one which anyone can subscribe to.
The last step before submitting your new RSS feed is to give the feed a name. This name should be something that is unique and identifiable.
- Click on the submit button.
- The RSS Feed Created page will be displayed.
- In Firefox, click on the link labeled Drag or copy this link into your RSS reader
- Follow the instruction for adding a Live Bookmark.