Some types of Duo issues are easily dealt with. These classes of issues require nothing more than perhaps a call to the Service Center to get resolved.
- My phone has stopped receiving email and calendar updates after enrolling in Duo. Once you enroll in Duo, any other devices you have connected to your Drew email account, including smartphones and tablets as well as third-party email programs like Outlook, Apple Mail, or Thunderbird, will need to use a special password to connect to your account. This password is known as your device password and will be generated automatically by the system. You can find your device password by logging in to drew.edu/duo. Learn more about using your device password here. The device password is only necessary if you have connected the Mail or Calendar apps on your smartphone or tablet to your Drew account or are using third-party mail applications on your computer. When accessing your Google account via a web browser, you will continue to log in using your regular password (even on your smartphone).
- You may simply need to restart your phone or tablet if you receive errors about passwords or sync not working.
- I'm not getting my push notification. How do I log in? If your phone is out of cell coverage, you can use the Duo Mobile app on your phone to generate a one-time passcode (yes, even if you don't have service) by pressing the key icon next to "Drew University". On the uLogin page, click "Duo Security" and enter the code generated by the app (you may notice the dropdown option change from "Default" to "Passcode") before clicking Login. If you have an iPhone, you may need to check the Notification settings for the app (in Settings, not the app itself) to make sure they are turned on and are set to either banner or alert.
- My hardware token stopped working. Contact the University Technology Service Center if your hardware token has stopped working or you cannot log in using the passcodes it generates.
Your token can get "out of sync" if the button is pressed too many times in a row and the generated passcodes aren't used for login. In some cases this can happen by accident if the token is stored next to other objects in a pocket, backpack, etc. The Service Center will ask you to generate three passcodes in a row and can attempt to resynchronize the token. Yubikeys do not get out of sync in this way.
- I forgot my phone at home. How do I log in? If you set up your office phone, you can click Duo Security at the uLogin page and choose "Call" (usually under Phone 2, but this depends on which numbers you set up on your account in which order!) from the dropdown menu. If you do not have your office phone set up, you can come to the UT Helpdesk with a photo ID so that we can add the line for you.
I've lost my phone. What do I do? Please contact the University Technology Service Center (+1 973-408-4357 or HELP) immediately so that we can deactivate that phone as a valid authenticator for your account. If you set up your office phone as an additional device, you can click Duo Security at the uLogin page and choose "Call" (usually under Phone 2, but this depends on which numbers you set up on your account in which order!) from the dropdown menu. If you do not have your office phone set up, you can come to the UT Helpdesk with a photo ID so that we can add the line for you.
Managing Your Devices
I need to re-activate Duo Mobile. If you have a new phone (or have done a factory reset on an existing phone) and have kept your phone number, you will need to re-activate the Duo Mobile app. Your options here depend on what devices you have on your account. If you cannot log in to your account using an alternate means, you will need to visit the UT Helpdesk in the Academic Commons of the Library with photo ID.
(Please click here if you would like to print a copy of this document for your office!)
- Go to the Two-Factor Self-Service site (drew.edu/duo) on a computer (not the phone you are re-activating)
- Click on the My Settings & Devices link on the left.
- Choose the device you would like to use and click the appropriate green button to log in (usually, you will use Call Me).
- Click the button for "Device Options" next to the appropriate device.
- Click "Reactivate Duo Mobile".
- Follow the prompts, which will be similar to those you followed when enrolling in Duo the first time, including scanning a barcode.
- You may need to allow the Duo Mobile app to use your camera.
- You will return to the My Settings & Devices page when finished.
- To learn more about using self-service to manage your devices, please see Duo's help page.
- If you are working on an IOS device, you need to allow the Duo Mobile app to access your camera. If you've already said no:
- Go to "Settings" (for your phone)
- Scroll down the left to the list of apps and select "Duo Mobile"
- On the right, select "Privacy"
- Make sure the toggle for the Camera is on
- To install the Duo Mobile app on your mobile device: