If you do not want to use the default Symbol for GPS points, you can change the shape, size, and color in the Data Layer Properties.
Change the Symbology of Points
- Open your Shapefile (it should be a file with the extension .shp) in ArcPad 8.
- In the Browse menu (yellow file folder), tap on the Layers icon (three sheets of yellow paper stacked on top of one another). Make sure that the Layer you want to work with has a check in the box next to its name.
- Tap the Layer Properties option in the right hand menu.
- Scroll through the tabs at the bottom. Tap the Symbology tab.
- Tap on the Symbol tab. The Symbol Properties window will appear.
- Tap the Point Style tab at the bottom of the screen. Change the Marker Type (shape), Outline Color, Fill Color, and Size to the desired values. Leave the Fill Points box checked.
- Tap OK three times. The style of your Point should have changed to the desired values.