UPDATED JUNE 2022: Library systems are being adapted to new software--until that's completed, Drew faculty, students and staff may place a hold/recall on checked-out items by contacting the Circulation Desk at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-408-3486. To explore other options for obtaining a needed resource, please contact email@example.com .
- Wait time: an item placed on hold will be recalled once the current borrower has had the item for 20 days. As the current borrower then has 10 days to return the item, you may have a wait time of over 30 days if the item was just checked out. If you are second in the queue, your wait time may be over 60 days. The Circulation department can let you know when an item was checked out so you can better calculate your wait time. If you need a book more quickly, you may prefer to place an interlibrary loan request. Average fulfillment time for ILL loans is 1 to 2 weeks.
- Item will be held at Circulation Desk for no more than 10 days.
- Hold request limit: 10 items.
- You will be notified by Drew email when your requested item is available for pick-up.
- You may place a hold on books that are on order. If you require this title quickly, please submit an InterLibrary Loan request as wait times for ordered books vary widely.
- ALA forms: Drew no longer uses ALA forms except in special circumstances. For libraries that cannot place OCLC requests, we can work one-on-one with borrowing library staff to fill requests. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
Should you have any questions about placing a hold, please come to the Circulation department, email us at email@example.com or call us at 973-408-3486 and ask to speak with a Circulation Supervisor.