UPDATED MAY 11, 2021: Library systems are being adapted to new software--until that's completed, Drew faculty, students and staff may place a hold/recall on checked-out items by contacting the Circulation Desk at email: email@example.com or 973-408-3486. To explore other options for obtaining a needed resource, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Wait time: an item placed on hold will be recalled once the current borrower has had the item for 20 days. As the current borrower then has 10 days to return the item, you may have a wait time of over 30 days if the item was just checked out. If you are second in the queue, your wait time may be over 60 days. The Circulation department can let you know when an item was checked out so you can better calculate your wait time.
- In your “My Library Account” you may cancel your hold if you no longer need the item. If a hold item is marked "available” it is being held for you at circulation; if “unavailable” item has not yet been returned to the library.
- Item will be held at Circulation Desk for no more than 10 days.
- Hold request limit: 10 items.
- You will be notified by Drew email when your requested item is available for pick-up.
- Hold requests may also be submitted by completing a recall card at Circulation.
- You may place a hold on books that are on order. If you require this title quickly, please submit an InterLibrary Loan request as wait times for ordered books vary widely.
Should you have any questions about placing a hold, please come to the Circulation department, email us at email@example.com or call us at 973-408-3486 and ask to speak with a Circulation Supervisor.