More and more aspects of our lives are moving online. We can email, share personal stories and photos, shop, turn our house lights on and off...the list goes on. Amidst all of this, we must remember to consider the security of the information we have access to.
Two sources for those looking at their online security include:
- StaySafeOnline.org, a collection of resources from the National Cyber Security Alliance
- Google's Safety Center, https://www.google.com/safetycenter/, with sections specifically for individuals and families
The topics referenced in most online security tip collections include:
- Passwords or passphrases
- Different passwords for each online account
- Long and complicated (passphrases are easier to remember but harder to crack)
- Password managers may help
- Multi-factor authentication
- Lock the screens on your devices (phone, tablet, computer)
- Update your devices and the software/applications on them
We hope this information helps you to better secure your information and the information shared with you!