One common use of call forwarding is to forward your phone to voicemail (shows as x7101) so as not to be disturbed by incoming calls. Callers will get your voicemail box without the phone ringing four times first. This is the default setup of the Do Not Disturb availability state on your phone. Another common option is to forward your phone to your cell phone. There will be a single abbreviated ring on your phone to alert you that a call has been forwarded.
To set this up, you will need to configure one of the availability states while sitting at your phone. We recommend using the Custom availability state to set up a forward to your cell phone, but you can use whichever availability state makes the most sense to you. Once the state is configured the way you want, you can enable it by calling 973-408-4933 from any phone.
From your desk phone:
- Press the Options soft key.
- Enter your voicemail password, and press the OK soft key. The Options menu opens, and the Availability option is highlighted.
- With the Availability option highlighted, press the Edit soft key.
- Use the Edit soft key.navigation key to scroll to the availability state for which you want to specify options, and then press the
- Specify when to forward calls by using the Next value or Prev value soft keys or the or keys on the navigation key pad to highlight one of the following values:
- Always means that calls received when this availability state is active are always forwarded to the specified destination number. When you select Always, you can also specify the Always destination, which is the number that you want calls forwarded to (if using your cell phone, be sure to add 9+1 before the ten digit number), or you can accept the default (voicemail, 7101).
- No answer means that calls received when this availability state is active will be forwarded to the specified destination number only when you do not answer your phone or when your phone is unable to accept additional calls. You can also configure the following options or accept the defaults:
- No answer destination Specify the number you want calls forwarded to when you do not answer them.
- Number of rings Specify the number of times the phone rings before the call is forwarded.
- Busy destination Specify the number to forward the call to if your extension is busy.
- Never means that calls received when this availability state is active will never be forwarded. You will not choose this option when trying to forward your phone!
- After setting options, press the Back soft key. The changes are saved.
- Do one of the following:
- To set the selected availability state as the active availability state, press the OK soft key.
- To continue without changing the availability state, press the Cancel soft key.
- Press the Exit soft key.
Please refer to Availability States on Mitel Phones or to the User Guide for more information.