Each student living in on-campus student housing has the option to register a confidential contact person to be notified in the case that the student is determined to be missing, and that authorized campus officials and law enforcement officers may have access to this information. The University will request of students each year that they provide, on a voluntary basis, contact information in the event that the student would be reported officially missing during his or her tenure at the University.
Please complete the form letting us know whom you would like to be notified in the event you are reported missing.
If a Drew student is suspected missing, immediately contact the Department of Public Safety at ext. 3379 or from any off-campus phone at (973) 408-3379.
Students can also contact for follow-up and report, after the initial call is made to Public Safety.
- Frank Merckx, Vice President of Campus Life and Student Affairs and Dean of Students, 973-408-3390
- William Petrick, Associate Dean of Students, 973-408-3390
- Stephanie Pelham, Associate Dean of Student Engagement, 973-408-3961.
All reports of missing persons made to Public Safety are followed up with an on-going investigation, per standard operating procedures. If it is determined by Public Safety that a student for whom a missing person report has been filed has been missing for more than 24 hours, then within the next 24 hours the university will:
- Notify the individual identified by the student as the missing person contact; Students can designate an emergency contact person by completing an Emergency Contact Registration form;
- If the student is under 18 years old and not emancipated, the university will notify a parent or guardian, as required by law; and;
- The university will notify appropriate law enforcement officials, even if the student has not registered a contact person.