Inserting a Hyperlink
There are a few ways to insert a hyperlink. These include:
- Type or paste the URL into the cell
- Type "=HYPERLINK(url)", replacing url with the link you want
- Go to the Insert menu and choose "Link..."
- Follow the instructions below to add a text box if you wish to have a hyperlink in a cell with additional text
Additional Text Formatting Options
By inserting a text box into a cell, you will be able to use some formatting options not available for regular text. A prime example is indenting text within a single cell.
- First, in Google Sheets, select 'Insert' in the upper left hand corner. On the drop down, go to the very bottom and select 'Drawing...'.
- From here, another window should open up. Within this window, labeled 'Insert Drawing', select the icon of a boxed T.
- Then, using your mouse, make a box on the space below. This will determine the size of your box.
- Once done, you can write, copy and/or paste what you want, allowing you to indent and hyperlink. (You have to paste in hyperlinks, unfortunately).
- Hit Save and Close located at the top right of the Insert Drawing window. Doing so will place the text box in your sheet.
- If you want to edit your text box, you need only double click it.