Once you have enrolled in Duo Security, you will be required to complete the second step of authentication whenever you see a uLogin form.
Simply enter your uLogin ID and password as usual and Duo will automatically use the Default method to log in. If the first phone you enrolled is a smartphone, Duo will send a push message to that phone and prompt you to approve the login using the Duo Mobile app. If it is not a smartphone, Duo will make a regular telephone call to that number and you be prompted to approve the login by pressing any key on your phone.
By clicking the Duo Security link on the uLogin form, you can select another method to use to log in:
. Click the drop-down to view the available options. The phones you have enrolled are designated Phone 1, Phone 2, and Phone 3 in the order in which you registered them during the enrollment process.
- Defaults - If you do not select any Duo Security options, Duo will automatically use the Default method. If the first phone you registered is a smartphone, Duo will automatically send a Push notification to that phone to approve the login. If the first phone is not a smartphone, Duo will place a telephone call to that number instead.
- Push (recommended) - If you have registered a smartphone and installed the Duo Mobile app, the Push method of authentication is recommended. In this mode, Duo will send a notification to your smartphone. Simply accept the pop-up message on your phone and click Approve to authorize the login request.
- Text - You may use the Text option with any phone capable of receiving text messages. When you select the Text option, Duo will send a set of 10 one-time passcodes to the phone you have selected. After the text message has been sent, you will be returned back to the uLogin form with a login failed message. Once you have the text message, you may use each code in the message to log in once using the Passcode option. Once you have exhausted your 10 passcodes, use the Text option again to get more. Whenever you use the Text option to send passcodes, any previously texted passcodes are invalidated immediately, even if unused.
- Call - When you select the Call option, Duo will place a telephone call to the phone selected. Answer the phone and listen to the voice prompt. Pressing any key on your touch tone phone will approve the login request.
- Passcode - You may obtain a 6-digit one-time login passcode from one of several sources. Simply enter the passcode into the box below the drop-down to log in.
- Using a hardware token - If you have been issued a hardware token, simply press the button to generate a new passcode.
- From a text message - If you have used the Text option to send yourself 10 one-time passcodes, enter a passcode you have not used previously. When you have run out of passcodes, you can use the Text option again to send 10 more.
- Using the Duo Mobile app on your phone - If you have registered your smartphone with Duo, buy you are out of cell coverage and cannot use the normal Push method, you may use the app to generate a passcode. Using your Duo Mobile app, touch the key icon next to the Drew University account to generate a new one-time passcode.