One of the features of the Mitel phone is availability states, which allow you to do things like send a call straight to voicemail when you are on vacation. This feature gives you even more functionality than the extended absence greeting that was available on the Intecomm phones.
From the Mitel Connect IP485g User Guide (which most people on campus are using):
You can set six distinct availability states for your extension. These availability states can be configured with various options to forward incoming calls to another number or send them to voicemail. Using the voicemail system, you can also record a different personal greeting for each availability state.
By using your phone’s interface, you can configure options for each availability state, such as call forwarding destinations, number of rings, and simultaneous ring.
The availability states are as follows:
- Available (the default) allows you to answer all incoming calls.
- In a Meeting
- Out of Office
- Do not disturb
To Configure Availability States on Your Phone
- Press the Options soft key.
- Enter your voicemail password, and press the OK soft key. The Options menu opens, and the Availability option is highlighted.
- With the Availability option highlighted, press the Edit soft key.
- Press the navigation key to scroll to the availability state for which you want to specify options, and then press the Edit soft key.
- Specify when to forward calls by using the Next value or Prev value soft keys or the
or keys on the navigation key pad to highlight one of the following values:
- Always means that calls received when this availability state is active are always forwarded to the specified destination number. When you select Always, you can also specify the Always destination, which is the number that you want calls forwarded to, or you can accept the default.
- No answer means that calls received when this availability state is active will be forwarded to the specified destination number only when you do not answer your phone or when your phone is unable to accept additional calls. You can also configure the following options or accept the defaults:
- No answer destination Specify the number you want calls forwarded to when you do not answer them.
- Number of rings Specify the number of times the phone rings before the call is forwarded.
- Busy destination Specify the number to forward the call to if your extension is busy.
- Never means that calls received when this availability state is active will never be forwarded.
- After setting options, press the Back soft key. The changes are saved.
- Do one of the following:
- To set the selected availability state as the active availability state, press the OK soft key.
- To continue without changing the availability state, press the Cancel soft key.
- Press the Exit soft key.
To Change Current Availability State
- Press the State soft key. The availability states are displayed, and the active state is indicated with a check mark.
- To select a different availability state, do one of the following:
- On the key pad, press the number of the desired availability state.
- Press the
The availability state for your phone changes to the selected state. or navigation keys to scroll to the desired availability state, and press the OK soft key.