Tilghman House was originally part of the Gibbons estate and was bought by Daniel Drew. Before Drew bought it, however, the home was the private residence of the Sidell Tilghman family who were directly descended from English Barons appointed at the signing of the Magna Carta in 1215. In 1965-1966 Tilgham provided additional laboratory, classroom, and office space. In 1967 it contained the University Computer Center and an IBM 1130 advanced scientific computer. By 1969 it housed additional space for labs, office space and classrooms. In 1978 it contained the political science and economics departments. In 1983-1985 it housed the development, university relations, alumni, and alumni records offices and by 1987-1989 it also housed the Colonial Symphony. In 1993-1994 it contained the offices of the registrar, financial assistance, residence life, the business office, and the NJ Shakespeare Festival. Today it houses offices for the registrar, financial assistance, the business office and student services.
Composed by Anthony D. Rogers, Courtesy of the Drew University Archives.