University Technology provides access and training in using Drew Zoom web conferencing. All of these services are covered by the classroom hotline and MRC Event Hotline for academic classes and other events respectively.
***For Additional Information regarding Zoom for Students please see linked document (Last Updated 3/10/20)
Instructional Technology has also put together a Zoom FAQ Google Doc with some of the most commonly asked questions and answers.
Please be cognizant of storage space: If you've saved a Zoom recording to the cloud but no longer need it, delete it. Also consider saving recordings to a Drew network drive or Google Drive. Learn more about deleting or downloading Zoom recordings here.
Zoom Security Updates
Zoom has been putting out updates to address various security concerns and enhance usability. Please be sure to install the most recent update when prompted!
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a web conferencing tool that unifies cloud video conferencing, online meetings, and collaboration into a single intuitive platform. Zoom's extensive feature set, broad compatibility with desktop and mobile devices, and multi-layered security allow Drew University to have rich web conferencing experiences with both campus affiliated and unaffiliated users.
To request a host account:
Call the University Technology Service Center at 973-408-4357 or create a ticket at Open a Support Ticket
The MRC will create a host account for you, send you a link for documentation and provide user support.
- Getting started with Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-PC-and-Mac
- How to test Audio: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362283-How-Do-I-Join-or-Test-My-Computer-Audio-
- Joining and Configuring Audio and Video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/HqncX7RE0wM?rel=0&autoplay=1&cc_load_policy=1
- Zoom meeting controls: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4w_pRMBEALE?rel=0&autoplay=1&cc_load_policy=1
- Meeting recording: https://www.youtube.com/embed/AYzPS28rg7E?rel=0&autoplay=1&cc_load_policy=1
- What if your video camera isn't working: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202952568-My-Video-Camera-Isn-t-Working
- How do I share my screen: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153-How-Do-I-Share-My-Screen- or https://www.youtube.com/embed/9wsWpnqE6Hw?rel=0&autoplay=1&cc_load_policy=1
- How to schedule a Zoom meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362413-How-Do-I-Schedule-Meetings- or https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZAYv8sVPTxU?rel=0&autoplay=1&cc_load_policy=1
- How to invite others to join: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362183-How-Do-I-Invite-Others-To-Join-
- Breakout rooms: https://www.youtube.com/embed/j_O7rDILNCM?rel=0&autoplay=1