The basic way to get citations for a source into EndnoteBasic/Web is to type them in. (Many citations can be imported from library databases, but you may still need to edit them by hand.)
To do this:
- Login to MyEndnoteWeb
- Go to the Collect tab and Click on New Reference.
- Next to Reference Type at the top: choose the type of item you are working with (for instance, Book, Book Section, Electronic Article (for journal articles you've found online), Journal Article, Personal Communication, Web Page, etc...)
- Fill in the blanks with the information you have about the item. Most items will not have information to fill in every blank, but fill in what you know.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click on the triangle next to "Groups" to see the possible groups to add your reference to:
Check the boxes for the groups you want to add the item to.
- When finished entering information, click "Save".