Google scholar, a popular web resource that indexes journal article citations, can be used to obtain citations in RIS (Refman) format to import into Endnote.
Downloading from Google Scholar
- In Scholar, click on the 'cite' link under the entry for the item you are trying to cite.
- Choose the Refman option at the bottom of the pop-up screen.
- Allow it to save the file scholar.ris (or scholar(1).ris, etc) to your computer
Importing into Endnote
- Login to EndNoteWeb.
- Click on the Collect tab
- Click on "Import New References"
- Next to File, Click on the Browse button and find the Proquest... file you downloaded (look in F:\My Documents\Downloads)
- Next to format, choose Proquest.
- Click Import.
- If you chose a New Group, you'll be prompted to create the group name:
Type in a name for the group and click OK.
- Endnote will report back "Number references were imported to "Group Name".