When using SPSS for one of your classes, you will probably be asked to upload a file to Moodle. These instructions tell you how to save your work from SPSS in CloudPC directly to your computer's hard drive so that you can easily upload the file to Moodle.
Please note: In order to check the file, you will need to open it from within SPSS, through CloudPC. Trying to view the downloaded file on your personal computer will not work as SPSS is not installed on your computer.
Make sure the Citrix receiver is installed on your computer. Also note that these instructions will not work in Chrome.
- Click File
- Click Save As
- Click the Look in: drop down box at the top
- Look for Local Disk C: on ##### (#### will be your computer name)
- Folders on your C drive will be listed. Browse to the folder you want to use. Users\your username\Documents or Desktop is advised.
- Name your file (if necessary)
- Click Save
- The file is now on your C drive
The image below shows the nels.sav file on the C drive of a Windows computer in a folder called SPSS. You can upload it to Moodle from here.
The image below shows the nels.sav file on a Mac hard drive in the user's Documents folder. You can upload it to Moodle from here.