Sage journals have an option to export citations into Endnote Web. It does not work. Use these instructions instead.
Exporting the citations from SAGE publications journals
- When examining an article, look in the column to the left of the abstract for the section Services and click on the link Download to Citation Manager
- In the next screen choose the option that says Endnote. Do Not use the Endnote Web option.
- If you are asked to whether to save the file, save it to a directory where you can find it later:
Importing the Citations into EndnoteWeb
- Login to MyEndNoteWeb
- Click on the Collect tab
- Click on Import References
- Next to File, Click on the Browse button and find the endnote-citations.enw file you downloaded (look in F:\My Documents\Downloads)
- Next to format, choose RefMan RIS
- Next to To: select the folder you want to put the files in. To create a new group, choose New Group.
- Click Import.
- If you chose a New Group, you'll be prompted to create the group name:
Type in a name for the group and click OK.
- Endnote will report back "Number references were imported to "Group Name".