Child pages
  • Frequently Asked Questions
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

1. Where can I get help with technology on campus?

Technology help is offered by phone at the Service Center 973-408-4357 (HELP). Students can receive assistance in using technology at the ITC and assistance with technology repair at the Helpdesk; both are located in the Academic Commons on the main floor of the Library.

2. Where can I get help with my mobile device (smart phone, tablet, etc.)?

If you are having trouble using your mobile device, you may bring it down to the Helpdesk. We follow a Best Effort Policy, meaning that we will support the software on these devices to the best of our abilities. We recommend making an appointment by calling the UT Service Center at 973-408-4357 (HELP).

3. Does University Technology serve students at all three schools?

Yes. Students from the undergraduate, graduate, and theological school all receive technical support from University Technology.

4. Where can I print or find a computer on campus?

Printing is available in the Library. There are also public computers available at the library and in the lab of the ITC.

5. Where can I find information for Apple computers?

If you have questions about using the Mac Operating System, you can learn more here on U-KNOW. If you have any more questions about Apple, you may visit their page for more information.

6. How do I change my password?

You can change your password at any time by going to Once you have changed your password at this site, you should set up your Security Questions so that in the future, if you forget your password, you can supply the answers to those questions and change the password yourself. If you are having difficulty in changing your password or any of these steps, you may contact the Service Center by calling 973-408-4357 (HELP) or come to the Helpdesk with photo ID.

7. Why can’t I connect to the wireless?

There are a few reasons why your internet might not be connecting. Learn about the possibilities on the Internet Access page, or contact the UT Service Center at 973-408-4357 (HELP).

8. How do I connect my phone to my email?

There are instructions available at Connecting Your Mobile Devices to Google Apps for how to set up the Drew Google mail on your mobile device. If you need help with the process, please feel free to contact the Service Center by calling 973-408-4357 (HELP) or bring the device to the Helpdesk for assistance.

9. Where can I save my files?

There are many options on where to save your files. One of course is your local computer/device, but this storage location should be only one of your regular options. Instructions for using other storage options can be found at the Storage Options and Backing Up Your Data page here in Tech Help. 

10. Where can I get help formatting my dissertation or thesis?

You can find helpful information about formatting your paper here in Tech Help, at Thesis and Dissertation Formatting.

You can also make an appointment for assistance by calling the UT Service Center at 973-408-4357 (HELP).

11. How do I edit my club’s website?

You will need to email Student Activities. All club websites are now found in Google Sites.

12. I’m a new club officer. How do I get access to the club email?

At the moment, only club presidents have access to the club accounts. Accounts for student-run organizations are now being handled through Google Groups. This is coordinated by Student Activities. Student Activities is also responsible for password resets for Google Group accounts.

13. How do I access my Drew email?

If you go to, you can log in to your Drew email. You may also go to TreeHouse and select the Gmail icon.

If you go straight to Google, type out your full Drew email address ( but leave the password blank. This will redirect you to a Drew login page where you can enter your username (without the and password.

If you are already logged in to a personal Google account, you will need to sign out of that account before logging in to your Drew email account.

14. Where do I register for classes?

Registration for classes is on TreeHouse. Any questions or concerns you have about registration should be directed to the Registrar's Office, which can be reached at 973-408-3025.

15. Do all students get Microsoft Office for free?

Yes. The Microsoft Campus Agreement explains that students are entitled to use of the software while they are students, and to a perpetual license upon graduation. If Microsoft issues an upgrade of the software while you are a student, you are entitled to that upgrade as a student. The software must be removed from their personal computer if they leave prior to graduation, and can only be installed on one machine per user. Information about installing the software can be found at Installing Microsoft Office - Student.

16. How should I back-up my data?

It is very important to keep your files backed up. There are many ways to do this. Learn about them here: Storage Options and Backing Up Your Data.

17. I believe that my computer has a virus. What do I do?

If your computer has a virus, you can run the Drew-issued software F-Secure antivirus or another software of your choosing. Information about installing the software can be found at F-Secure Antivirus. If you are having difficulty in removing a virus, you can bring the computer to the Helpdesk and attendants will try to help you (best effort). You can find more information about viruses at the Virus Troubleshooting page. It is important to note that both Macs and PCs are vulnerable to viruses and that the commonly believed myth that Macs don't get viruses is false.