John B. Cornell, a university trustee, donated one-third of the total cost of Drew's first library. Unfortunately, he died before the Cornell Library was dedicated in 1888. In 1890, his wife gave a stained glass window to the library in his honor. The Cornell Library was destroyed in 1938 in order to build a larger Rose Memorial Library. The stained glass window, however, continues to grace the entrance to Drew's library and learning center.