Drew Scholar Search and many of the library's databases are provided through the EBSCO platform, which can export citations directly to Endnote web.
These databases include ABSEES online, Academic Search Premiere, America: History and Life, ATLA, Business Source Premiere, CINAHL, EconLit , Education Research Complete, ERIC, Historical Abstracts, Index Islamicus, MLA International Bibliography, New Testament Abstracts, Newspaper Source, Old Testament Abstracts, RILM Abstracts of Music Literature, Women’s Studies International, SocINDEX, Philosopher's Index, PsycINFO.
To export citations from an EBSCO database:
- Open an new window or tab on your browser (control-N), go to myendnoteweb.com and login with your userid and password
- In a different window or tab, go to the database and locate the citation(s) you'd like to export.
- In the individual view or in the folder view, click on the Export
OR icon in the left side.
- Choose Remove these Items from folder after saving (if the option is there) and "Direct Export to EndnoteWeb".
- Then click Save.
- After a short pause, the database will respond
EBSCOhost Import Results
Number of records imported:
- In MyEndnoteWeb, the articles will be added to your "unfiled" category:
Exporting to a File and Uploading to EndnoteWeb
Some database products don't have a direct export-to-EndnoteWeb option. For them, you will need to Export a list of your citations and Import them into Endnote web. If you use the Mozilla Toolbar for Endnote Web, the process skips a few steps.
Proquest Research Library and other Proquest Databases are currently among of those databases.
More Ways to Capture Citations
- Endnote Web - Exporting Citations into Endnote from Drew ScholarSearch and EBSCO databases
- Exporting Citations From Proquest and Importing to EndNoteWeb
- Using the Firefox Toolbar to import citations
- Searching the Drew Library Catalog through EndnoteWeb
- Importing ACM Digital Library Citations to Endnote Web
- Importing citations from Web of Science and Biological Abstracts to EndnoteWeb
- Export Citations from Science Direct to EndNote Web
- Capturing citations to web pages using the Firefox Toolbar
- EndNoteWeb-- Exporting Citations from Jstor
- Export Citations from SciFinder to EndNote Web
- Export citations from PubMed to EndNote Web
- Exporting citations from SAGE journals and importing them to Endnote
- Exporting references from Worldcat (library subscription) and Importing into Endnote
- Using the Capture Endnote Reference Option
- Exporting citations from Google Scholar and into Endnote